- Kovacs: Her debut album Fifty shades of black oly came out in April this year, and already this darkly voiced Dutch version of Amy Winehouse is a big hit on festivals and in clubs. She won an award for best Soul and Jazz. Also known as the Wolflady because of the fur hood she always wears.
- De Staat: This one is a wel established alternative rock band that has already toured the Europe, the USA and Canada, but I shall include it in this list nonetheless. Why? Because they are doing their thing really well; their live shows are a lot of fun, and they are releasing a new album soon!
- Birth of Joy: Also a more succesfull band, with a lot of festivalgigs thanks to their latest album. Their Psychadelic rock or bluesrock has that perfect vibe that reminds me of the Doors, but with a little more energy to dance to.
- I am Oak: Best described as acoustic folk or indiemusic. This band won an award for the best album of 2011 in the Netherlands and band of the day of The Great Escape festival in Brighton, and was an excellent performance during Best Kept Secret, with the natural surroundings fitting the music perfectly.
- Mozes and the Firstborn: Psychedelic garagerock, but mainly lots of fun live on stage.
- Fake Billy and the False Prophets: Dirty, catchy rock 'n roll music and false promises of touching sex-drummer Dylans non existing abs. (You better dance for that!)
- The Deaf: This band from The Hague makes some proper speedy rock'n roll. Succesful from the start thanks to frontman Frans van Zoest, who started off as the guitarist of the very popular Dutch band Di-rect (not listed here for a various reasons.Although it has to be said that their Dutch version of the Who's Tommy was very well executed).
For a quick listen, click on the bands names, I included some key songs in the links. Enjoy! (Mozes and tje Firstborn is bloody, be warned)